Friday, May 23, 2008

Key West

In April two of my friends came down from Ohio for a much anticipated trip to Key West. George and I bartered for the trips- and we decided that I would go to Key West for a girls weekend and he would go to PA for a fly-fishing trip. If you ask me, my choice was far superior!


Susan and Melissa came down on a thursday and we left for Key West on Friday. We drove to Fort Myers and took a charter boat to the key. Key West is so beautiful and the laid back atmosphere is really refreshing. The locals are so welcoming and friendly, and its a great place to let loose. Now I understand why Jimmy Buffett wrote an entire song about Key West!



Every evening in Key West there is a sunset celebration at Mallory Square(right on the ocean!) where various people perform. The performers rely entirely on tips and they really keep the crowd entertained. I was completely obsessed with the "tin man". He whole body was painted silver and he had this bike that he would paint for tips. He would take his paintbrush and while he was painting his bike, he made the most bizarre noises. After a spectator gave him a dollar he would paint away for a couple of minutes. Then all of sudden he would stand motionless until someone else gave him a dollar. Everytime I saw him I wanted to watch him- I kinda would stalk the tin man- Melissa and Sue thought I was crazy!!!





What you hear is true- the"keys disease" does exist. Although,I was happy to see George, Andrew and Bear, it was hard to come home from such a magical and fun place. I was sad to see the weekend with my friends come to an end. Melissa and Susan were a blast and I hope we make Key West an annual trip!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Sarah, there will always be Key West! Because of you, I have got the disease! "Keys Disease" that is! That is a cute picture of all of us! I love the blog! Keep it up!

Love you!